Saturday, April 4, 2009

I need an attitude adjustment STAT!

I’ll blog about what caused this later, but for now let’s just say I’m really, really sad. If I stop long enough to think, I cry. My eyes are swollen and my heart physically hurts. Usually this wouldn’t be a problem, but today it is a HUGE problem.

Later today there is something happening that I’ve looked forward to for a few weeks. Friends are having a party and I’ve been waiting with happy anticipation for today to arrive. This party is going to be great for a number of reasons, the guests that I already know and the hosts are people I really enjoying being around, an opportunity to make new friends, good wine, and no children. I was looking forward to this event because it would be a happy time, a time to laugh, a time to visit, with no worries of seeing cute infants or two year olds running around.

Today was supposed to be full of happiness and fun. I feel like once again infertility has stolen part of my life. I want to be happy, I want to be joyful, I want to enjoy today, and that is why I need an attitude adjustment STAT!

I’m going to head to Starbucks and hope the magic potion (latte) takes the pain away, at least until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment