Sunday, April 11, 2010

busy, busy, busy- tales from the trip, part 1

My mom picked me up at the airport on March 17 and the first order of business was shopping and food! We went to Babies R Us, then out for Mexican food. Oh how I had been craving Mexican food. More shopping, then we checked into the Hyatt Regency, ahhhh, a comfortable bed. It had been 20ish hours since I’d slept by that point.

The next day we took her car in for servicing and walked over to Starbucks for breakfast. My latte was PERFECT!! Before we left, I went over to thank the barista for the great drink (a rare experience at my neighborhood Starbucks in Dublin). I’m sure he either thought I was insane or I made his day. Either way, that latte was perfection in a cup. We walked back over to the Volvo dealership and by that time the courtesy driver had returned, so he took us to Mall Of America. My mom had arranged for a loaner vehicle, but none of the cars had been returned from the previous evening. The dealership offered to rent us a car, but since they couldn’t get a Volvo, it was a no-go. (My mom is a “little” protective of her only child and grandchild ;) ).

We had so much fun at the mall. The first stop was Nordstrom, of course, and my mom couldn’t help but buy lots of fun items in the children’s department for her granddaughter. Baby even managed to give a few kicks in approval of the purchases being made.

The next several days were spent in the Minneapolis area, shopping for maternity clothes, putting the registry together, and eating wonderful American food. We then went to northern Minnesota and the shopping came to a temporary halt, for which I’m sure my husband was relieved.

I actually accomplished a lot and aside from deciding on bedding (who knew it would be so hard), ordering a few more of the “big” items, and taking care of last minute things, I’m about done. YAY!

4 comments:

  1. First off welcome back to Ireland. Oh how glorious your trip sounded. Sounds so much like what I do when I return to the US lots of good American eating, REAL Starbucks and Nordstrom, OMG yeah! Thanks for making me want to go home, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not from MN, but have a lot of family in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Sounds like you had a great time. ;-)
    Love, S

    ReplyDelete