Yes, I’m stateside. I have very mixed feelings about it, but I’m here. I really, really struggled with the decision of staying in Ireland versus delivering in the U.S., but then the “powers that be” got involved, and the decision was essentially made for me. It would have been FAR easier to stay in Ireland, but the “powers that be” were not comfortable with me delivering outside of the U.S., so here I am. I pushed and pushed to stay in Dublin as long as possible, but eventually it was time to go. In fact, I’m fairly sure the RMO was ready to personally escort me to the airport if I asked to extend my stay in Dublin one more time.
Overall, travel was easy. Well, as easy as can be with 14+ hours of airport and flight time and an injection, at 32 weeks.
I miss my husband and cats terribly, but I have to trust that we’ve done the right thing.
Many, many updates to come.