Wednesday, December 23, 2009

caught

I was talking to my mom yesterday and she mentioned the lack of posts on the blog recently. I told her that it had been fairly boring around here (which I am thankful for), and that there wasn’t much to blog about. She asked if there was perhaps another reason, cough, cough, the new toy.

Yes, about three weeks ago my husband bought me a new toy, Slingbox. It’s a fabulous device that allows the owner to watch television from the U.S. regardless of where in the world they are living. I had wanted one for a long time, and he finally ordered it as one of my Christmas gifts. My mom was involved because you have to have someone in the U.S. who is willing to hook the device to their tv and computer, and who hopefully doesn’t use their tv very often. When I was put on couch/ bed rest, my mom had the brilliant idea that my husband should give me the Slingbox gift early, so I would stay still. It’s not that I’m a huge tv watcher, but it’s nice to see programs from home once in a while. Oh, and did I mention that my mom has a fabulous cable package and I’m almost guaranteed to find a Law & Order episode on at least one channel. Hooray. Though I will say that watching U.S. advertisements is causing me to have HUGE retail envy.

So there you have it, I’ve been laying around, watching tv, and eating bon-bons following the doctor's orders.

If you live out of your home country, I highly recommend buying a Slingbox. While you’re at it, pick up a Magic Jack too.

4 comments:

  1. I have never heard of a Slingbox. Then again, I've never lived outside of the great US either. It always amazes me when they come out with new technology. Now, why can't they find a cure for cancer? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thing sounds really cool! And I bet you are so happy to have it. What a great gift...especially when you need to be on bedrest. Good for you! Does the Magic Jack really work? I've seen a few commercials for it but I don't know if I believe it.

    And I'm glad you are able to find some hope and set out more syringes. It doesn't sound ridiculous at all...you have real fears. But the fact that you are slowly getting over them is a huge deal and I'm very happy for you!

    I hope you have a very blessed holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the Magic Jack really works. It's quite amazing and the sound quality is very good. I use it to call the U.S. at least once, if not five times a day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in China, but am back in the States and just bought a Slingbox. Hope to have my BiL hook it up this weekend. I crave American TV more than I ever imagined!

    ReplyDelete