Sunday, May 10, 2009

and it just gets better...

Because today couldn't be much worse...

Mother's Day, remembering where we were last year, remembering the babies we've lost, I have the flu. My husband came down with a head cold a few days ago and as usual, I've been following him around, wiping everything down, though he's also a compulsive hand washer, so I wasn't too worried.

Well, this morning I woke up with a horrible sore throat. Not unusual considering the amount of things I'm allergic to and the severity of my allergies. Unfortunately the symptoms (sore throat, cough, chest irritation, body aches) have continued to get worse. I just took my temp, yep, fever = FLU. The husband had a simple head cold, me, well, I have the flu. At least I know I contain his germs well enough, though clearly, I'm capable of catching my own :(

I get sick twice a year. ALWAYS in October, so I'm either sick on my birthday or Halloween, and ALWAYS in the spring. I'm living proof that the flu shot doesn't work. I continue to get it every year, but really, I would love at least one flu free year.

cough, cough, sniffle, sniffle, snuggling in a blanket in front of the fire

I can't wait for today to be over

1 comment: