Monday, May 4, 2009

Dun Laoghaire

Yesterday we took our visitors to Dun Laoghaire, a charming city just south of where we live. While the Sunday farmer’s market is not my favorite around Dublin, there is still plenty to see, eat, and buy. We spent some time at the market, followed by a few hours of walking around by the water and through town. There are a few pictures below. It was incredibly windy, so I didn’t take very many, but I’m sure to return soon.

The best part of the day came when I learned that Dun Laoghaire will be hosting a Volvo Sailing Regatta in July. This is unbelievably exciting as two of my favorite things are Volvos and sailing. Volvo has been a long time sponsor of sailing regattas around the world, but this will be just miles from my house. THRILLED!!









No comments:

Post a Comment