Monday, May 16, 2011

FET #2, Appointment #2 (ultrasound, blood work, and intralipids)

This morning I had another appointment. They took more blood, ultrasound was fine, and I had my first intralipid infusion for this cycle.

I found out that my fabulous American RE is moving back to the States. I asked the nurse if she could have him stop by, so I could say a quick goodbye. He soon appeared and sat down to chat for over 30 minutes. It turns out that he’s moving to California, to be the IVF director for a major clinic. He didn’t tell me it was a major clinic, but I recognized the name as soon as he said it. I can’t say I’m terribly surprised, given his extremely impressive CV.

We talked about living overseas, the field of reproductive medicine, and of course, the upcoming FET. I admitted to him that I was nervous, given the outcome of the previous FET. We discussed how very different the circumstances would be this time, and he went to his office and brought back some published literature for me to read, frozen versus fresh transfers. We said our goodbyes and he mentioned that we were taking quite a souvenir from Ireland, Kate :)

One question for the FET experts. When did you have your last ultrasound before transfer? I’m scheduled for transfer on the 26th, last scan on the 19th. Doesn’t that seem like a long time between scans? For my previous FET, I had scans every 2-3 days. I guess my concern is that the lining could drastically change during that week, though when I spoke to the nurse this morning, she said it wouldn’t. Thoughts?

Next appointment is Thursday.

PS- Fran, I didn’t work with Dr. L this morning, so I didn’t have a chance to pass on your message. I just briefly saw her in the hall.

Hoping and praying I need more of this in a few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, even though that does not look very comfortable, I too hope you'll need more soon :)
    Very interesting reed about the late preemies. It makes sense.

    WOW, so cool that Kate was born on the same day I got my BFP!! It was a GREAT day to say the least :)

    ReplyDelete