Thursday, May 26, 2011

FET #2

We were taken back to the OR and the embryologist came to speak with us. Unfortunately, one of the embryos didn't survive. She said it started to thaw, but under the microscope, it began to 'darken and disintegrate." I admit, I cried. I'm not very hopeful about this, given our history.

The other embryo is excellent and she said there's no reason to think this won't result in a pregnancy, but I know she had to say that. She stayed to talk to us for quite a while, and tried to comfort me.

My reproductive immunologist did the actual transfer, and the OR nursing staff remembered us from last time, which was nice.

We're home and I've started the dreaded 72 hours of bed rest.

Oh, and to add to the fun, Kate is sick (congested and fever). I was up with her until 12:30 this morning. My husband took tomorrow off, and my mom flew back to Ireland on Sunday, so at least I’ve got some help.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. It means A LOT!!

6 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and sending healthy sticky embryo vibes!

    www.brandysheaif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping it sticks! Glad you have help while you're on bed rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping everything crossed. I know it's difficult/impossible but don't give up hope, you have a good embryo on board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that feeling - I was greeted with bad news on each of my FETs. I hope that your one little remaining one is the baby destined for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping that your little embryo snuggles in for the long haul. Best of luck and just try to think positively. I know it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending lots of good thoughts for the bedrest, but also for happy news at the beta.

    ReplyDelete