Friday, May 20, 2011

FET #2, Appointment #3, and a bad day

Yesterday I had the final ultrasound before transfer, which is scheduled next Thursday. The nurse said that the lining is “perfect.” 9.1mm. I stopped the Buserelin injections and will begin the Crinone and Gestone PIO tomorrow.

I also had a mini ‘feeling sorry for myself’ moment the other day :( As I was putting on my nightgown before bed, I caught a glimpse of my stomach in the mirror. Bloated and bruised. Then I pulled the sheets back on the bed, and saw blood stains. Apparently my heparin injection sites bled the previous night, all over my brand new, high thread count, WHITE sheets. So, I did what any other infertile woman would do, I cried. It only lasted for a few minutes, but it’s just so unfair.

Of course it doesn’t help that I’ve been trying to catch up on blog reading and EVERYONE seems to be pregnant right now. Insult to injury is reading things about pregnancies happening at a bad time, being a surprise, or hoping for one gender over the other. Since I can’t even begin to imagine what it’s like to have any of those feelings, I think the best thing to do is sign up for ICLW through Stirrup Queens. Reading blogs is fun, and even better when you share common interests, ups and downs. Plus, with the limited amount of internet time I seem to have, I’d rather support ladies who really need it. Here’s to a great week of blogging!

3 comments:

  1. No pregnancy or babies to speak of on my blog! I too get the unfairness feeling. It sucks. Wishing you luck!

    www.brandysheaif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grass is always greener somewhere! I've started really thinking about a #2 lately....no attempts in sight with that! It shouldn't be so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really shouldn't be so hard. Sorry you read the pregnancy news on my blog, if it's any consolation, it hasn't been an easy road getting there. I look forward to following you and cheering you on in your journey!!! Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete