This recipe is from an old "Cooking Light" magazine, or so I was told. Very tasty and very easy to make. I served it with whole wheat pasta and a green salad. Yum!
oven fried eggplant (aubergine)
• 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon minced onion
• 1 lb unpeeled eggplant, sliced (about 12 1/2 inch slices)
• 1/3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
• 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
• vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Combine first 2 ingredients, stir well.
2. Spread evenly over both sides of eggplant slices.
3. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and Italian seasoning in a shallow bowl; dredge eggplant in breadcrumbs mixture.
4. Place eggplant on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake@ 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
6. Turn eggplant over; and bake an additional 12 minutes or until golden.