Tuesday, August 4, 2009

insanity, shopping related

Nothing shouts insanity like a €15 shipping charge on a €20 item that weighs about 10 ounces and is 10 miles away from my house. I guess I’ll take the DART and pick it up myself (there's no parking anywhere near the store).

A grocery store in the area has a small display of American items (stuffing, Poptarts, cookies, pancake mix, things like that). While I’m generally not a fan of processed foods, I was quite pleased to see the familiar looking box of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (hey, I haven’t been in the U.S. in almost a year). I was contemplating the purchase when I looked down at the price, €4.95. In the States this stuff sells for what, 80 cents, $1? Needless to say I didn’t buy the macaroni & cheese; my body and my bank account thank me. I came home and did the conversion, $7.12 for a box of pasta and a pouch of dried, processed cheese, no thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment