Sunday, February 28, 2010

quick book review, “What To Do When You Can’t Get Pregnant”



Another very well done book about infertility, written by Daniel Potter MD and Jennifer Hanin MA. The forward is by Pamela Madsen, executive director of the American Fertility Association.

The book is easy to read with a great balance of science and emotional health/ coping mixed in. Topics covered include fertility work-ups, low tech vs high tech treatment, sperm and egg donation, and surrogacy. Particularly impressive is the section on IVF. For a book that focuses on infertility as a whole versus specifically IVF, I found it to have fantastic coverage, including medications and various IVF protocols. Rounding out the book were chapters on emotions and relationships, telling versus not telling a child conceived through IVF (I’m personally a huge fan of telling), and a good glossary.

A must have read for those dealing with infertility.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that book existed...thank you for posting it!! I know what I'll be ordering on my next amazon spending spree....

    ReplyDelete