Friday, February 5, 2010

short book review

Several times over the past several months I’ve promised to do book reviews of the 30ish infertility books I own. Guess what? It looks like it’s not going to happen. If this past week is any indication of what’s to come in the next few months, I simply won’t have time. Busy busy busy. In between scheduling appointments, a sick cat, fighting with a certain insurance company that shall remain nameless, and dealing with more housing issues than I care to think about, I have managed to start a pile of books to donate. It includes everything from cookbooks to books on religion to books on various health topics to everything in-between. I’m currently at 16 and counting.

Here is a brief review of a book that is about to enter the donate box.

“Fertility & Conception” by Zita West.


This book was first published in the U.S. in 2004. It is not an in-depth book on fertility issues, but does offer a very good overview of fertility, lifestyle issues, infertility testing, and treatment. Since the book is six years old, some of the information is outdated, but most of it is still relevant. I was impressed that given the controversy that surrounds reproductive immunology today, this book touched on the subject six years ago. In addition, the forward of the book is by Dr. Geoffrey Sher. Dr. Sher is regarded as one of the foremost infertility experts in the world. Please see a link to his blog, IVF Authority, under the infertility resources listed at the right. The last thing I will mention about this book is that it is published by DK Publishing; by far my favorite publishing company in regard to the simplicity of how information is presented and fabulous pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I read this book on the advice of a friend...your review is spot-on!

    ReplyDelete