Thursday, July 9, 2009

Volvo Regatta 2009 starts today!!!!

I’m ridiculously excited about this! The Volvo Regatta is Ireland’s largest regatta and it’s happening in my back yard. Well, not really in my back yard, but close enough. Though who am I kidding, I would have gone to the other side of the country to participate in this.

The regatta starts today in Dun Laoghaire and runs through Sunday. If you don’t have a boat, but love to sail, I've heard that getting out on the water shouldn’t be a problem, particularly today and tomorrow. The teams are often looking for an extra crew person.

All four yacht clubs will be open with promises of great food and entertainment. There will be art and live music. Of course, no regatta is complete without regatta village. The usual Don Laoghaire farmer’s market will be open Sunday, as well as the formal welcoming home of the “Green Dragon”, Ireland’s entry in the Volvo Ocean Race.

If you love sailing as much as I do, this regatta should not be missed!

For more information, please visit the official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment