Tuesday, July 21, 2009

wine in a can

This might be old news for some of you, but it’s new to me, wine in a can. Tesco has recently started to carry some less expensive wine (by Dublin standards), more boxed wine, and now, canned wine. I decided to buy both red and white. Each can sold for €2.81 which is equivalent to €8.43 for a standard size bottle (750ml), or about $12 USD.

Both cans were 11.5% volume, produced in France, and to be quite honest, not that bad. Of course it wasn’t the best wine I’ve ever had. My husband’s response sums it up best, “I’ve had worse from a bottle." I doubt we’ll buy it again, but it was fun to try.


PS- No, we didn't drink the wine from the cans; we used glasses.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of drinking Champagne from a can. Sophia Coppola Champagne. It was reminiscent of a juice box and I felt naughty.

    ReplyDelete