Friday, November 13, 2009

back from the clinic ::waiting, waiting, waiting::

I went back to the clinic this morning for another beta. You know you are a regular when you don't have to check in. The receptionist just buzzes you in after seeing that you've wiped down with the hand sanitizer at the entrance; then as you approach the desk, she says good morning to you by name and tells you to wait upstairs. sigh.

One of my favorite nurses called me back for the blood draw. We discussed the ongoing cramping, and now little bit of spotting :( She said the only thing to do is relax and rest; it could go either way at this point and I'm too early to scan, which I knew. She also said that she worked in a regular ob office for many years before joining the fertility clinic and understands that these pregnancies are “precious.” I assume that was a nice way of saying that IVF patients are an overly anxious, nervous bunch of crazies.

She gave me a little hug as we left and promised to call this afternoon, good news or bad.

4 comments:

  1. She sounds like a lovely person. I'm praying for a doubled number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get some great news soon to help put your mind at ease. I think the stakes are just so much higher with IVF, at least to me. We take NOTHING for granted. Nothing.

    I've been thinking of you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping for for the best for you.

    ReplyDelete