Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Guinness had a rough night

(if you are a new reader, Guinness’ history and previous posts can be found under the “cats” label)

Guinness and Bella decided to chase, chase, chase last night. The excitement was just too much for sweet Guinness. I went upstairs to look for him and as soon as I entered the guest room, noticed vomit on the floor. I found the boy in the guest bath shower; he’d lost control of his bladder, and was panting heavily. We cleaned up the mess and tried to make him as comfortable as possible. Ugh. I do not want to go through this again. My heart just breaks for him. As long as he’s not chasing his sister, or under a considerable amount of stress, he’s absolutely fine.

The boy was exhausted after his episode, and after a few bedtime treats and snuggles, slept by my feet all through the night. This morning he was back to normal, and even stopped for a little bird watching with Kate.

Of course as soon as I grabbed the camera, causing Kate to turn and notice that Guinness was within reach, bird watching came to a quick halt.

3 comments:

  1. I will keep hoping that he stays calm and ok. He's such a sweet kitty and I remember his story and I definitely don't want you to go through that again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor kitty! He looks so sweet! :( I'm so sad that he has to go through such pain just cuz he's trying to play. That's so heartbreaking. Poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little Guiness. We have three cats and we love them so much. I can't imagine going through what you've been through with Guiness. I almost cried reading this post. I hope he continues to be "episode free".

    ReplyDelete