Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Douglas and Kaldi

On Sunday I thought it would be a good idea to introduce my husband to the mall. While we were there, we decided to grab lunch at a place recommended by a friend. The restaurant itself is a cute establishment, tucked back away from mall traffic. The food was good and the service fair, though certainly not fast, nor friendly. The atmosphere is nice, though tables are a bit crowded together. It’s also very family-friendly as evidenced by the number of small children and infants present.

While I can’t complain about the food or great menu, I doubt we will return any time soon. The service just wasn't at the level I expect, and while browsing other reviews, I've found that I'm not the only patron who feels this way. My understanding is that this is a fairly new location, so we might try it again next year.

I had the Californian salad. My husband had the smoked salmon crostini. Both were very good.

mixed aromatic greens with ham, avocado, pine nuts, tomatoes, pineapple, sweetcorn with a zesty vinaigrette dressing


toasted bagel layered with cream cheese, smoked salmon and scrambled egg with side salad

No comments:

Post a Comment