Sunday, October 25, 2009

Law & Order SVU fail

Our cable is not very reliable, as in there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the schedule or programs shown. Once in awhile, we are lucky enough to catch an episode of Law & Order, a personal favorite.

I was thrilled to come across an episode of Law & Order SVU last night, only to find that it was about stolen embryos. Eep, not what I need to watch just days away from egg retrieval. Of course I realize that the L & O story line is fairly far fetched, but still. I also know that I shouldn’t have watched it, but it was one of those things I just couldn’t pull myself away from. Plus, it’s not like a get the opportunity to watch L & O very often. The episode itself was okay, not great, but okay. However, I thought I was going to come unglued every time they said that they were going to “implant” embryos versus “transferring” them. That my friends is infertility 101. Embryos are not implanted, they are transferred. One would think that with the amount of media attention, good and bad, that IVF has received in the past decade, reporters and writers would catch on, but no. RAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment